Friday 21 September 2012

Pizza in Woolworths

The evenings are certainly getting cooler.  I had a lovely night out with good friends tonight, drinks in the Harbour Pool Club first then pizza in Woolworths - well it used to be,  but the building now houses Pizza Express! 
Glass is very difficult to photograph for obvious reasons but the shiny, sparkly dichroic glass was even harder until I learnt a tip from Tanya Veit, another glass artist from the States.  Use a large plastic milk container, wash and cut in half, then place the pendant on chosen background and pop the container over , put the lens of the camera through the hole at the top and take the photograph.  
 I had to get the container from my friend Lynne as I only use cartons and then had to contact my friend Carolyn to ask her how to set the macro on my camera ! I am extremely pleased with the results, what do you think? 

I have some of my paintings displayed at Seagrass Restaurant in St Ives which is a fantastic fine dining experience that I would thoroughly recommend.   Last week Julia phoned me to say one of the customers had bought a painting, which was very fortunate as I was about to spend some more money on goodies for the glass studio.
This is what I bought - brand new tools so that every student will have their own set of tools and not have to share with anyone else.
I will be going on holiday next week but the classes will start week commencing 29th October.  I will post the dates soon but will not be taking bookings until I return on Saturday 20th October.
I will also have vouchers available so if you do not know what you want for Christmas these would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment