Thursday 20 September 2012

Pimms on the patio




I have a wonderful view of the beach from our house and felt the need to re-create it, 




especially as it gave me a break from making samples, sorry about the flash reflection but here is my effort below


and below after firing and slumping into a shallow platter mould
quite pleased

it can get a bit tedious with the samples as we have to keep details of all the programmes and results in a log 
I use a lot of crushed glass in my work, essential to wear safety glasses even though below I was only crushing a small piece of dichroic glass (that is the lovely shiny glass you may have seen on some of the jewellery pendants)
Here are some pots with the crushed glass sorted by size
 and a box of scraps ready for crushing with my sifters so I can save all of it, even the tiny pieces.  You can buy it commercially made and it is called frit and is graded but is smaller than the pieces above
I am finally having success with my kiln after many firings and will post the results soon.  I am getting ready to go off on holiday and getting very excited so will try and post the latest results before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment