Tuesday 24 April 2012


I bought the kiln second hand in September last year but had nowhere to put it then, so I paid for it and they kept it until my new workshop was ready.  Then my husband Bill and son Mike went to collect it finally in December.  It was really heavy and they had to take the back gate off to get it through because it was too heavy to lift over.  It is installed in my old workshop which is outside the house.  Being a guest house I don`t think the fire officer and insurance company would be very impressed if I put it in the new workshop which is next to my lounge in the house.  That has been completely kitted out for me by Mike who is a Carpenter and he has done a brilliant job.  I will have a tidy up and take some photos tomorrow.  If you want anything similar done he is the man for the job - have a look at his website at http://www.stivescarpentry.co.uk 

I decided that although the kiln had a perfectly good programmer on it, I need the super duper singing and dancing version, so have bought a new one.  I got it from Kilncare and got great advice from them and they also spoke at length to Bill on the phone to tell him how to install it for me.  My Kiln is a Kilncare one too and Lee and all the people there are exceptionally helpful and their products are superb.
I must find time to put the old one up for sale, to help with the cost of all the new stuff I am buying!
The kiln was finally ready but I had no time to play because it was Christmas and then we went away to Tenerife for two months and did not return until March!   Hence this blog starting in April, it is all very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything Terri - will pop back to view photos. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lesley, big learning curve at the moment x

      Delete